Observe & Think Over:
- Read Psalm 2 and Psalm 110. Then read over these questions before reading Hebrews 4:14-5:10 and Hebrews 6:11-8:1.
- What does the author use Psalm 2 and Psalm 110 to prove?
- How many times does the author point out the never-ending priesthood of Jesus?
- What comparisons does the author draw between Jesus and Melchizedek?
- What is the role of High Priest and why is it so important?
- What conclusions do you think the author want you to draw from his exposition?
- Is there anything you learned from the fact that the author used the Psalms to prove a major point in his teaching?
- What significance does Heb. 8:1-2 have to you?
It will be helpful to others if you put your proposed answers as well as any other insights, questions and comments below.